Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I had a moment with an oak leaf

Today I had my first official work meeting. They took my urine, took my blood, and gave me a shot. I fear my TB skin test may be positive due to my travels to the orient.

Well I was working with Catholic nuns in South East Asia, one lady loved to yell at us like we were experts at washing clothes in the third world. She would tell us we were doing it all wrong and steal the clothes from us. It was really frustrating until we found out that she indeed loved to play tag. We chased her through rows of hanging laundry, laughing and learning a little more about life. Her English was very rough. At one point she took cough medicine and told me that she had the "coughing disease". My heart was crushed at that moment.

However, I recently graduated from college with a BS in Biologically Chemistry. As I walked home from work today. I was truly glad to be where I am at. I had a moment filled with joy. A moment I would not have dreamed of having in a car. For a second, I thought "All you suckers in your cars, you can't even see the world." Without thinking, I ripped an oak leaf off the tree. I always did that when I was a child and I had to walk home from school. I turned over the leaf to see it's beautiful vascular system of inter-connected tubes. I have spent hours studying this very little thing. I did not look at the leaf like a child even if I grabbed it like one. I don't think it is very often that we have a moment in which we noticed that we have changed. These are fleeting tiny moments and then we wake up different somehow.

This is a season of transition for me. I have a degree, a new job, and the hopes of becoming a doctor. If I said I was not scared, I would be a liar. But to be completely honest, I believe I am exactly where God has called me to be. I believe that God fought for me to get here and I know that He still cares about people. My every hope is authored by God. I do not wish to talk a lot about God in my blogging. I wanted to focus mostly on funny things I observe in life. But to ignore the fact that I got a nice job in a horrible economy, after completing a very difficult degree. Having 20 dollars in my pocket and absolutely no savings, I was taken care of. Money came, shelter came, and food came. I prayed to the Lord and in a world of self-reliant empty shattered people, I can say that the Lord heard me and provided. I feel that the Lord is just wishing that more of His people would ask Him for help. So this is the part where I ask for your prayer request. I promise I will ask the Lord.

-MJ

1 comment:

  1. MJ wrote, "I believe that God fought for me to get here and I know that He still cares about people. My every hope is authored by God."

    Good stuff, MJ!

    ReplyDelete